Securing Equitable Distribution Of Assets Following Divorce
A divorce can complicate your financial foundation and bring a great amount of uncertainty. You have been accustomed to a certain lifestyle and now that will change. You likely have many questions regarding the fate of your marital assets. How much will you get from the divorce settlement? Equitable distribution is the answer. We can help you obtain what you deserve.
Patti Family Law in New Jersey’s Monmouth County will answer all your questions and advocate for you. Founding attorney John A. Patti has nearly 30 years of experience representing clients along the New Jersey Shore. He will guide you through the process and explain to you that any asset accumulated during your marriage is considered marital property.
Common Types Of Accumulated Marital Property
In New Jersey, marital property that is subject to equitable distribution may include:
- Your home or primary residence
- Additional vacation properties such as lake homes, condominiums, townhomes or time shares
- Real estate investments
- Retirement accounts, including IRAs, 401(k)s and 403(b)s
- Family-owned businesses or businesses owned by one of the divorcing parties
- Motor vehicles such as cars, trucks, motorcycles and motorhomes
- Investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
- Personal property such as collectibles, antiques, jewelry and artworks
Assets acquired before your marriage, however, will remain yours and will not be divided. Mr. Patti and his team will make sure to protect your assets and your interests. As a skilled negotiator and trial-tested attorney, Mr. Patti will seek the best financial outcome for you. He will guide you through mediation or aggressively represent you in court.
Schedule A Consultation Now
For nearly three decades, John A. Patti in New Jersey’s Monmouth County has represented clients along the Jersey Shore. He and his team will ensure a fair and equitable distribution of assets during a divorce. Attorney John A. Patti is knowledgeable, skilled and ready to advocate for you.